Ordinary people doing extraordinary things for the environment
About Us
Conservation Areas
News, Publications & Events
Planning, Regulations & Permits
Protecting Our Land
Protecting Our Water
Rideau Valley Conservation Foundation
Septic System Permits
Watershed Information
Planning, Regulations and Permits
Map of Regulated Area



Conservation Authorities have maps that define the regulated areas. The maps:

  • indicate erosion hazard limits on detailed topographic mapping
  • show floodplains where floodplain studies are complete
  • delineate wetland boundaries from Ministry of Natural Resources mapping


To view the RVCA Jurisdictional Map:

If you’re unsure if the regulation will affect your property, contact us for advice. If your property is located in a regulated area, contact us for information on the application process.



RVCA’s LandOwner Resource Centre
613-692-3571 or 1-800-267-3504